Migrating from another service provider to iZooto is an easy process. However, keep in mind that it's a gradual process and depends on the below factors:
- Protocol of your website - HTTP or HTTPS
- Ownership of subscribers
- Influx of repeat traffic on your website
First and foremost pre-requisite is that your website is on HTTPS. HTTP websites typically take subscriptions on the service provider's subdomain and hence migration of subscribers is not possible.
Secondly, iZooto is using VAPID to send notifications to your Subscribers and hence migration depends on the technology you are already using:
- If you are already using VAPID on your website or are using a service provider which uses VAPID, you would have to share the Public and private key for your domain along with the endpoints.
- If you own an FCM account, you would have to share your FCM key and tokens (browser keys) and endpoints.
In both these cases, our Customer Success team will work with you on this. You can also drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remove the earlier provider's pixel (JS code), manifest file and service worker file
- Integrate using the JS code and izooto.html, and service worker files shared in your iZooto account. Follow the steps shared on the Integration Instructions Section in the iZooto panel
For more information on integration, check this article.
Whenever an earlier subscriber revisits your website, his/her subscription would get mapped to iZooto's without them having to re-subscribe. Since this process depends exclusively on your repeat traffic, the migration of your entire earlier base can take anywhere between 1 to 6 months.
You can speed up this process by pushing campaigns from the earlier provider's dashboard so that more subscribers can be reached out and prompted to revisit the website.
You will see the count of subscribers decreasing on the earlier provider's dashboard while it increases on the iZooto dashboard which will be a mix of your earlier subscribers and new ones that you acquire.
You can push a couple of campaigns from the older panel (of your previous service provider) to your existing subscribers.
If at the subscriber's browser's end the old service worker is still present, he/she should ideally receive the notification and upon clicking and landing on the website, his/her mapping would get changed to iZooto.
However, if the older service worker has been already refreshed to the new one (iZooto's), campaigns from the older panel won't reach.