Access Your Browser KeyLast Updated: September 18, 2018
Browser key is a 40 character alphanumeric and unique registration key. This is generated by the browser whenever a visitor clicks on the 'allow' button of a subscription opt-in and becomes a subscriber of a website.
What does it contain?
The browser key contains all information related to a subscriber - preferences, website activity, subscription date, etc. iZooto follows each browser key on a website and helps marketers create audiences based on shared interests and activities to be able to engage and retarget better.
When would I need to share it?
There are two scenarios when iZooto will ask you to share your browser key:
1. Deeper Troubleshooting
For troubleshooting issues such as - delay in notification delivery for 1 or few people, unable to receive notifications out of the blue, unexpected behavior of a retargeting campaign for a select set of people, etc, the browser key is required to check the logs, find the root cause of the issue (if any) and resolve it wherever required.
2. Modifying/Deleting Data
As per GDPR compliance, you can request access to your data and even modify or delete it whenever you require. In order to provide you with the relevant data, your browser key would be required.
How can it be accessed?
The browser key can be accessed via the browser console using the below steps:
- Open the website you are subscribed to and right-click on it
- Select Inspect Element
- Go to Console and type the below code and hit enter
- It would show an alphanumeric code as below
- Copy the code and share it with your account manager/email it to [email protected]
- Open the website you are subscribed to on the browser
- After the website has loaded, paste the below in the address bar and hit enter
- Copy the alphanumeric code and share it with your account manager/email it to [email protected]